How to fix scratch disk is full error?

I have a fairly new MacBook pro computer in which I downloaded Photoshop CS5. I keep getting the pop up window telling me my Scratch disk is full. It is annoying.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix it?

Actually, if you want to solve the full scratch disk problem, you would need to delete temp files and clear the disk space. Some people may assign a new scratch disk(change a hard drive you want and set it as your scratch disk) to fix the error, but you are not recommended to do so as the problem has not been actually solved. And the other problem is, when you assign a new scratch disk, it can also get full after some times using. And for some Mac users, there is only one hard drive in it. In this way, please check the following two methods to solve the problem correctly.

Method 1. Free Up Scratch Disk Manually

Method 2. Clear Scratch Disk with Cleaner

Most Helpful Answer

You can start by cleaning up you temp file folder . Delete any unnecessary files . This forum will help if your not sure what your doing https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1224354. Hope this helps

Jack Tan will be eternally grateful.