Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

MacBook Pro 13" A1278 wont turn on

I bought a macbook pro 2012 A1278 model yesterday off ebay for around 200 knowing that was something wrong with it. He said that the macbook one day randomly shut off and just would not turn on afterwards. He mentioned that there was no water damage and I checked to see if there were anything wrong with the logic board and it looks alright from what i can tell. I checked it and the led from the magsafe charger is stuck on green. I tried the battery indicator and it flashes 5 times rapidly and then it stops (This happens when it is plugged into the wall).

I tried resetting the SMC and PRAM reset and nothing has got it to work. I was wondering if I maybe need a new battery or something. The entire body of the mac is pretty good with a small dent on the back cover but besides that only a few minor scratches. Just asking few any tips or anything that will help me power on this macbook pro.

Unplug the mag-safe. Disconnect the battery from the logic board. Press and hold the power button for five seconds. Reconnect the battery and mag-safe. You should get a spontaneous reboot. Let us know your results if you do not (because your basically screwed if it doesn't).

You also paid to much for it with these symptoms. Better to ask enough question that you are reasonably sure you can fix it. Else wise you are buying a pig in a poke and depending on our goodwill to help you repair it for free. In other words you are using us, and I'm just a working tech and my time is worth $87.50 to $130 per hour.

Yeah i think im screwed but was it supposed to power on immediately after I plugged it into the magsafe and after I reconnected the battery or was I supposed to turn it on. (also are you sure a new battery can't fix this?)

I appreciate the help nonetheless

NEW SYMPTOMS! So apparently my charger is now flashing between orange and green and the battery indicator showed one green dot for a second and then it stopped but I something!

That battery needs about a 20% charge to work. It sounds like it a goner. Your mag-safe when plugged in should turn green and then orange. Do you have a know good adapter? If so leave it plugged in for several hours and see if you can get a charge on it again the redo the battery disconnect trick.

Yeah i just changed the adapter now Im just gonna wait until maybe I get a charge, ill update again in a few hours!

my bucket will be eternally grateful.