How to open the back of Trackr Pixel

I have arthritic hands and the YouTube video (https://youtu.be/eNQNNUCk6GA) they have to open shows you to open it between your palms. I've talked their support staff and they insist that is the way to open it. I asked if their was a tool to open it and they told me no. I even had my next door neighbor who is much younger and stronger couldn't open it. I was wondering if anyone knows another way to open it to get to the battery?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

I had to hold the TrackR at the edge of a table with a pair of needle nose pliers and then use the rubber end of a hammer to push down and twist before it finally opened.

Thanks for the post! I'm going to send these posts to Trackr because they believe it isn't a problem to take off the back of the Pixel.

They are wrong, It is extremely difficult to open. It is even more difficult to get it closed correctly.

Super difficult

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same problem. I just couldn't get a good grip using my palms. I decided to take a 2 small pieces of electrical tape and i place one on each side of the trackr, Then I used the palm method in the video but you don't have to apply as much pressure. The electrical tape give you enough grip and it just twisted off. After leaving the battery out of the trackr for about 5 minutes and put the back on and the trackr was reset so that you could connect it to your phone. Good Luck

HI ... another person posted and said that they used duct tape instead of electrical tape. Well I tried my method again with the electrical tape and wan't able to budge it. I took a razor blade and CAREFULLY ran it around the top and I found out that there may have been a couple of areas where it may have been attached. I then tried the old palm scenario with the electrical tape and still would turn. I used the duct tape and it came right off. It was also helpful to get the cap screwed back on ....

Didn't work for me,

I had to drill two small indentations in the back case (be careful not to go through the plastic) and use a device for getting the backs off watches.

These indentations could be usefully added to the basic design

Nothing is working for me. :(

Thanks for your help.

Stick the top to the desk with double sided tape.

Put another piece on the bottom to turn it.

Some gooey glue on my thumbs helped get the second one apart.

Didn't work for me either. I couldn't budge the back using any technique with my palms.

I used RegShoe's method (but without the watch tool) and got the back off. I used a dremel tool with a flat-tipped burr bit to grind two small divots on the back surface of the Pixel, being careful not to go through the plastic. I then used a pair of fine needle nose pliers, spreading the tips and putting one into each divot. I could then rotate the pliers in those divots to get the back to come off.

The easy way to open. Cut two pieces of duct tape the size of the trackr stick to the bottom and top. Now you can easily twist open with the palms of your hand.

This did not work for me either.

acmeskycam will be eternally grateful.