Do I remove the plastic film from the replacement front panel?

On the back (inside surface) of the replacement front panel for the iPod Touch 2nd Generation, I have found that there is a plastic (protective?) film. The plastic film has a tab that extends underneath the front panel data cable. The tab seems to be begging to be grabbed to remove the protective film.

Do I remove this plastic film from the back of the front panel prior to installation or will that destroy the touch screen?

Thanks,

Jeff G.

Yes, you do want to remove it. LCD's get those as protective covers prior to being shipped. good luck

yes remove it. there should be a little tab, be careful not to pull off the digitizer. the plastic you are talking about should have a little die cut mark around it, am i correct?

Yup, that's the one. Silly me had that on for 6 months...

but I bet your screen looks brand new :) best wishes...

In freaking credible. I just can't believe that people are allowing these people to leave these horrible answers and get away with it. You don't have to leave the film on if you don't want to however you can if you like as well. It really doesn't matter because your screen is not being used from the back. Most installers like myself just leave them in. It's less of a hassle worrying about getting it dirty during installation. There. That's finally the correct answer.

lol youre a real piece of work. glad you dont repair my devices. Also, good work at digging up a 4 year old topic. thats my final answer

Alright, but can we actually get a real answer about the repercussions of leaving the film on vs removing it?

I always remove them, but am just curious to what would happen if you don't.

Jeff G will be eternally grateful.