PowerBook will not boot black screen and sleep light only

I was recently given a powerbook which has an issue, it will not boot up, no keyboard commands work open firmware doesn't work and it has a disk stuck in it and will not eject it, the PRAM battery has been removed but the powerbook didn't work with it either, it turns on, no chime and no screen activity at all, the sleep light is solid on and the superdrive spins up every 10 seconds, the hard drive spins up as expected and the fans run normally, if you switch on caps lock it stays on for 3 seconds before going off, the keyboard backlighting isn't responding and the numlock key doesn't light up, I am unsure what is wrong with it, I did manage to get it to chime once but it still did not boot, it will not show up on an external serial or DVI monitor, the RAM is known good ram and the battery is quite new, the machine has seen limited office based work, nothing too taxing for its capabilities, any suggestions welcomed

thanks :)

The first thing you have to do is to get that disk out and see what it is.

Here's a link on my answer on how to do that: DVD wont eject from computer

ethenwaltonclifford will be eternally grateful.