The OP-1 is a portable music workstation incorporating a synthesizer, sampler, sequencer, multitrack recorder, drum machine, mixer and controller.

Why won't audio come from the right channel of my OP-1?

I have made sure that all the tracks are panned towards the center, but no audio comes from the right channel. If it is plugged into speakers or headphones and panned to the center, audio only comes from the left side. If it is panned to the right no audio come out. I was curious as to if there is something I am missing or if this is a hardware problem that requires repairs/parts. Thanks!

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

You most likely have your External sync set to pocket operator sync. See section 10.7 in the Op-1 manual. It uses the right channel to send sync data, therefore no audio will come thru. I did this once already and was baffled for a few days, I almost bought a new board even!

If the above doesn’t work try wriggling the jack in the socket to see if the contact has come loose from the control board. If it has come loose, you may need to re-solder the audio output component’s contact(s).

Hey there, im a newbie when it comes to soldering, I’m a welder so I’m underdstand the most basic principle of the whole thing, but one question i do have is, are the cheap soldering irons you can get at wal mart any good for an application such as this? I would hate to go to resolder some contacts and melt the board or short something out on accident, its my understanding that this job is already marginally harder than other common soldering jobs because the connector board doesn’t have through hole architecture, or maybe it does and I’m mistaken, anyway, you can tell i dont know a whole lot lol, thanks in advance for any help you can give

Ben will be eternally grateful.