Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

Why is my 55 inch LG TV turning off by itself?

While watching tv, it will shut off by itself. I have to unplug it wait a few minutes and plug it back in again, then it works again for awhile, then shuts off again. I have no idea why. I have it plugged into a power surge protector. I was gone away on vacation for 2 weeks and it was previously working fine, until I returned home. Now it shuts off by itself.

I'm having this same problem. My TV is a LG 50PA4500-UFAUSLLHR

I'll try to upload a picture.

I can't upload a picture. When I press options, edit does not come up as a choice. Do I have to start a new thread with my question? I'm doing this on an IPad, does that matter? Thanks!

Most Helpful Answer

@gwilliam could be an issue with failed capacitors on the power board or over heating. Your set shuts off because it goes into protection mode. It will definitely help if you can provide the exact model number. It might also be helpful if you post some images of all of your boards inside your TV with your question. That way we can see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that.

Gina Williams will be eternally grateful.