The Sony Xperia XA was announced February 2016 and released June 2016. The device is 5.0 inches tall and weighs 137.4 g.

Phone is water damage turns on but no backlight

I have a Xperia XA and phone is water damage and phone turns but no backlight.

How I can fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

Sham Kumar you are going to run into other problems with this phone. Sony no longer has any schematics for any of their phones, so a lot of guessing about components on the mainboard is going on.

For now, the only thing to do is to try and treat this just like any other water damaged phone. You have not told us if you even addressed the water damage. disassemble your phone, using this video will help. then you need to clean everything with 90%+ isopropyl alcohol and a soft brush. Use this guide to clean your phone. It was written for an iPhone but all the steps are pertinent to your phone as well. You must remove all the EMI shields form your board to clean it properly. While you are cleaning it, check for any obviously damaged or missing components. Once cleaned and checked, reassemble and see what you get.

Hello

Thank you very much for your answer.

I already did the steps u mentioned me

I work in repair shop.I was thinking it was better give back to customer.

If the backlight is truly broken, as you say it is, I would recommend replacing the screen. This is the simplest and most effective solution. (Here's a video tutorial).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KfxVT5YfGO...

Hope this helps, Imad

I connected new screen and is same issue no bavklight

It could also be that the backlight fuse is blown. This is a semi common problem, though how to repair it is sadly outside my zone of knowledge. I would suggest googling around for more information.

I am experiencing the same problem as posted. Is this already solved or the owner just brought another phone since there is no way of fixing this?

Sham Kumar will be eternally grateful.