The second generation of the iPad with Wi-Fi, GSM and CDMA models. Some models were refreshed before the iPad 3. Repair is difficult and requires heat and prying.

black screen after drop

S

I have dropped my ipad 2 a few times and have had the green screen, or all the colours have gone weird.

Every time I have tapped it, or whacked it and it has gone perfectly back to normal like magic!

But now I accidentally dropped it quite hard on it's top right corner, hard enough to leave a dent. The screen went black!

I can see that it still turns on, cos the light comes on, but the screen is completely black. It connects to iTunes but doesn't show the apps or photos folders.

I have been tapping and whacking away with no result, it very briefly turned all blue and I could make out the lock screen, but then I tapped it again and it turned black!

Is there any hope? Or have I dropped it one too many times?

First of all, stop tapping and whacking electronics devices.

Your original problem was caused by an impact and you are only making the problem worse by whacking it further. You could have a damaged LCD or there may be some damage to the logic board. At this point, you will have to either try a new LCD or bring it to a shop so they can troubleshoot.

Cass priest will be eternally grateful.