MacBook Unibody Model A1278

2.0 or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Can this handle 8 gb memory?

hey i was wondering if you can upgrade the memory on this computer to 8gb? i kno it can handle 6 gb but if i update it to 8 gb (2x4gb) will my computer recognize it? i need sugessions before i buy it.

and btw will a 1tb harddrive work for this as well?

According to Mactracker the A1278 will handle 8 GB and has no limit on hard drive other than what will fit in the space provided. I am providing you with a link to a guide on memory capabilities for all Macs. Look yours up for confirmation.

Macs tend to be picky with the amount of RAM that you have installed. I'd just stick with the recommended max of 6Gb. A 1Tb hard drive will work, but the physical size of the hard drive needs to be 2.5" wide x 9.5mm tall. I couldn't find any hard drives at 1tb, the closest I found was a 750Gb -

Don't forget to come back and mark whichever answer is acceptable.

thanks but will this fit the macbook???

by sai

I would personally choose a Faster drive over that, but if you need a terabyte then go for it. That should fit no problem

by Skippy722

No it won't fit

by rab777hp

Oh my bad it does

by rab777hp

Nick, I will not vote this as an accepted answer as the question was not on hard drives and his answer is wrong, "1.0TB WD Scorpio Blue 5200RPM SATA *12.5mm* HD with Advanced Format Technology - Fits all Apple MacBook/MacBook Pro 'Unibody' Models (13/15/17")

by mayer

If you want a 750GB 7200RPM (faster) I suggest this, if you really want all the space and want a 1TB hard drive, then get this one.

Regarding RAM, according to Mactracker your maximum RAM is 6GB, which you can max out using these two sticks.

I just installed a 1TB 7200rpm drive in the A1278 model. It is 2.5inch and 9.5mm height. Works fine.

sai will be eternally grateful.