Model A1418 / Late 2012 / 2.7 & 2.9 GHz Core i5 or 3.1 GHz Core i7 Processor

iMac 21,5" late 2012 lcd backlight not working

This iMac has no backlight anymore. the diagnostic leds are all oké. Is this a broken lcd or is this a logic board problem?

Thx for the reply

Using a flashlight can you see the faint image of your desktop icons? You'll need to hold the flashlight at a sharp angle resting on the screen to see.

You might also want to check things using an external monitor as well.

Let us know what you find!

Yeah, I can see the desktop icons with A flaslight. Will try with an external monitor

Sadly, this implies your logic board needs repair. Either a fuse link or more likely the backlight LED driver burnt.

I did the test with the external display and this is working fine... So still the fuse or backlight LED driver?

Without opening and testing things out I'm just guessing here ;-} The good news its' not as bad as it could be!

You'll need to find someone with the needed skills & tools to dig into repairing your logic boards backlight circuit. This is beyond most DIY and you would still need to find the needed parts which can be tough.

Mattis will be eternally grateful.