Is my iPhone 6s backlight filter broken?

Whilst replacing my iPhone 6s screen, the device was powered off. However I did not disconnect the battery. Whilst reconnecting the ribbon cables, the phone turned on accidentally and the screen flashed on for a split second before going dark. Everything else works, the phone is fully functioning including touch screen, but the display can now only be seen faintly when shining a light onto it leading me to believe the backlight filter has shorted/blown. The only issue is that after hard rebooting, the screen will flash on again fully for a split second. If the filter was broken, would it still do this?

I have checked vigorously for any loose connections or debris and fully disconnected/reconnected the new and old screens a number of times.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is most likely a blown filter. It may allow for a brief passage of current before going fully open-circuit. If you have some nice pointy probes for your multimeter, you could test it for continuity. If the filter appears good, then the problem is upstream; it could be the diode, coil or drive IC.

This requires a micro-soldering repair and is not DIY.

Joe Maye will be eternally grateful.