How to remove the fuel pressure regulator on a 01'mazda protege mp3?
Replacing fpr with adjustable fpr, do I need a fuel line tool?
Is this a good question?
Mike Pease here is the way the manual describes it:
PRESSURE REGULATOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
• Disconnecting/connecting the quick release connector without cleaning it may possibly cause damage to the fuel pipe and quick release connector. Always clean the quick release connector joint area before disconnecting/connecting, and make sure that it is free of foreign material.
1. Complete the “BEFORE REPAIR PROCEDURE”. (See 01–14–4 BEFORE REPAIR PROCEDURE.)
2. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
3. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
4. Install in the reverse order of removal.
5. Complete the “AFTER REPAIR PROCEDURE”.
(See 01–14–5 AFTER REPAIR PROCEDURE.)
Plastic Fuel Hose Removal Note
• The quick release connector may be damaged when the tab is bent excessively. Do not expand the tab over the stopper.
1. Disconnect the quick release connector from the pulsation damper as follows:
(1) Push apart the lock clip and unlock it.
(2) Lift the tab on the blue locking coupler until the fuel line can be released.
(3) Pull the fuel hose straight back.
• The blue stopper may be removed from the quick connector. Take care not to lose it. Reinstall it to the quick release connector before reconnecting the fuel line.
• The orange locking coupler has two internal locking tabs which retrain the pulsation damper pipe. Be sure that the tab on the locking coupler is rotated until it stops to release two internal locking tabs.
2. Cover the disconnected quick release connector and pulsation damper with vinyl sheet or the like to prevent it from being scratched or contaminated with foreign materials.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 10
Past 30 Days: 25
All Time: 125