Repair manuals and support for medical devices used in clinical settings.

Can they be reconditioned?

I have two Nikken Solitens SW-103B units that insufficient power even with new batteries. Can they be reconditioned?

Thanks again. I do have two so I could open one up to create a repair guide. I'll look into your suggestion. I'll be away for a few weeks so it may take a while for me to work through it and see if it is a possibility.

First make sure the batteries are installed correctly. Here's how it's done:

It appears others have had the same problem with this now discontinued item and gone to another one:

Roy, it's a matter of practicality. The thing new is $35.

It was discontinued prior to 2009 and I can't even find a photo of it.

You need one to tear down to create a repair guide. Which you could yourself using the following link:

Creating a Repair Guide

Unfortunately I'm very familiar with these from Nikken. They worked very well when they worked! The batteries are in correctly and cords have been repaired, but they now produce a very weak stimulus. I tried the other brand you suggested from a dealer in FL and it just did not have the "juice" of a properly functioning Nikken. Th edealer understood and I sent it back for a full refund. So now I'm down to seeking someone who can open these up and test the individual parts for possible replacement. I can't believe that I've been unable to find a business that does repairs on electronic items (other than cell phones and computers!).

Guess I'll keep looking. Thanks!

Roy List will be eternally grateful.