This Power Mac G4 has Mirrored Drive Doors.

Instructions to upgrade toUSB 2.0?

I have a USB 2 PCI card. Is it a matter of just installing it or are there any things to to consider?

Normally if you have a name brand card all you have to do is unplug your computer and plug in the card and plug it back in and you are off to the races. You should be running OS X I think to have access to the card. If it comes with software be sure to load it. Now if you got a card that is not listed to use with a Mac it will most likely not work as the ROM code is different for a Mac and PC.

+ agreed, I've spent a lot on cheap cards and got what I paid for. The Sonnet cards are the way to go.

I goofed. I bought the allegro USB PCIe card. No problem though. I put it in another a Mac Pro and it works fine. I'll let you know when I get the correct PCIe card how it works. I'm sure it will be a breeze just to put in just like the one I just purchased. Thanks for the response.

lou

The SONNET Allegro proved to be no more successful than the other name brands for me, e.g., IOGEAR. So, SONNET isn't necessarily the answer for everyone, I'm afraid, mayer.

I don't know what your problem was, I've always been able to solve mine.

louh will be eternally grateful.