Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Screen does not fit right into frame

Hello there fellow technicians,

I have a following question, probably you had experienced it as well already.

New screen for iphone 7 doesnt fit right into the frame by the screen connectors. It leaves a little gap instead of perfectly sinking into the frame. If you remove metal plate that hold screen connector in plate it helps. If you force it down and close pentalobes you get a white hue on the screen caused by the pressure of the screen flex cables.

I have experienced this issue several times not and I was wondering if its the quality of new screens (I use original refurbished) or is it something I am not doing right?

UPDATE:

Ran into this issue again but managed to find a real solution. Basically, its the ic (see the picture) on the flex cable of the screen. You need to make sure its on the right position because if its too high it will press metal plate that covers screen connectors on the motherboard. Before you put the metal plate cover that covers the flexes on the screen put it a little bit higher so the flexes stick to it and then slide it down so its in the right position. Good luck!

It sounds like part of the assembly is being stuck on top of shield as you close it

Seems like it may be an issue with the screen if you've gotten the same results with different phones / screens. Assuming no frame damage at all (small inconsistencies on the frame can definitely cause a fit issue). I've had OEM screens fit strangely because of a very small piece of the water resistant adhesive used on the 7. Also, Sounds like something could be off with the frame on this one though .

Nice repair in your profile photo!

When you open the phone place a little piece of tape or make a mark on the metal plate in line with the ic on the original screen when ur placing the plate on the new screen make sure the ribbons and the ic line up with that mark :) simple remove the mark or the tape after

Also when u take the plate try to lift it from the bottom not the top so it doesn't bend or warp where it's stuck down that way the plate is straight and doesn't have bends and kinks in it I use heat to loosen the adhesive then a flat tool to pry it apart not damaging the original screen flexes or the plate itself :)

It sounds like you may be squashing the LCD ribbon cables inbetween the frame and the housing.

Try getting a spudger and guide the ribbon cables inside as you lower the screen into place.

I have noticed that when you assemble the iPhone without the metal that holds the cables in place the screen fits well. When you install the metal the problem appears again.

Maxim Trofimov will be eternally grateful.