Backlight and iSight Dead, is it just cable or worse?

I just replaced the screen on my Macbook Pro a1226, but the backlight is dead. I can see the screen images with a flashlight and it works with an external monitor. Also, the iSight camera is dead and doesn't show up in the system profiler.

I'm guessing that I must have damaged the backlight/isight cable and will replace it. BUT, with the symptoms above, is there any chance it is: 1) the inverter; 2) the I/O board; or 3) the logic board?

Thanks so much!

The flashlight test reveals a non-functioning inverter. With the iSight also out, I'd bet you have disconnected your cables. Why did you replace the screen?

The lcd broke, so I replaced it. Turns out the one I got on ebay was broken too, so I replaced it again. Lots of opportunity for me to mess something up, but I think I did a good job reconnecting stuff. I'll check again, but any other ideas? Thanks.

Hook it up to an external monitor to see if all your problems are isolated to the upper. I don't know which guide you used but I recommend this one, because I wrote it: MacBook Core 2 Duo LCD & Inverter A1181 (fast method) Replacement

jpkjpkjpk will be eternally grateful.