Why doesn't my iPhone screen work?

i recently broke my iPhone 5s screen. I went to get it repaired by getting a new screen, when i got it repaired the screen began to glitch out and press random apps when i click elsewhere. I later placed a plastic screen protector on the screen and it begins to work for some reason and i dont know why, can someone help me?

Hey, did you repair this yourself? Most likey your screen is at fault, it might be working correctly just now however I would guess it will start glitching again soon.

This issue is very common in copy LCDs, if you had it replaced by a repair shop then take it back and ask for them to replace the screen again.

It only works when i add the plastic screen protector to the top of the screen, and i got it repaired in a repair shop

I'd say pop back to them, its definitely a faulty screen. Most decent repair shops will swap it around for you as we're all aware of how poor the parts can be.

This sounds like bad parts, but it could be a board level defect. Go back to the shop and see if a new screen has the same problem.

juan1930 will be eternally grateful.