Model A1419 / EMC 3070 / Mid 2017 / 3.4, 3.5 or 3.8 GHz Core i5 or 4.2 GHz Core i7 Kaby Lake Processor / Retina 5K display. Refer to the older iMac Intel 27" Retina 5K Display (Late 2014 & 2015) guides as the system is very similar.

Does the SSD iMac have an SATA connector?

does any on know if the 2017 iMac with SSD Config still have an SATA connector on the main board?

When will we be seeing an teardown of the new iMac 27?

Yes, it does have SATA HDD connector. There is no other solution for regular HDD

it has an satan connector?

^^

The devil must have been on his mind ;-}

Apple's 'Thin Series' so far have two drive connections. A SATA connection for a HDD and a PCIe NVM connection for a custom Apple blade SSD.

The 'Thin Series' are a bear to open if you don't use the correct tools and follow the IFIXIT guides to the letter. Given this is such a new system if you open the system you will void your warranty so think hard if you want to do this!

I recommend getting the largest SSD model you can afford and use an external Thunderbolt drive then in a year think about upgrading your system with an internal SATA drive if you still want to go that route.

I agree with Dan

When I upgraded my iMac 2015 27" 5K, I tried all the possible ways. I replaced the original 3.5 hard drive to Samsung 850 Pro SSD 500GB, installed an external enclosure thunderbolt with same Samsung 850 pro SSD 500GB. And finally installed a PCIe blade SSD.

Unless the iMac comes with the PCIe port for the custom blade SSD. Don't bother to open it!

Using Black Magic:

• Original HD was 100 MB/s
  • Updated the internal HD to Samsung Pro 850 SSD was 350-400 MB/s
  • External enclosure with Samsung Pro 850 SSD was 300-400 MB/s
  • PCIe blade SSD was 600-700 MB/s

As you can see the enclosure with SSD has only minor difference. but you don't have to open your brand new iMac and having the warranty void.

Couldn't have said it better!

Christopher Westerfield will be eternally grateful.