sears model 917-276905 drive belt replacement how to
how do I install sears model 917-276905 drive belt
Is this a good question?
awacsmcc this should work for your model (from the manual):
TO REPLACE MOTION DRIVE BELT
Park the tractor on level surface. Engage parking brake. For ease of service there is a belt installation guide decal on bottom of left footrest.
BELT REMOVAL .
1 Remove mower
NOTE Observe entire motion drive belt and position of all belt guides and keepers.
2 Disconnect clutch wire harness (A)
3 Remove anti_rotation link (B) on right side of tractor.
4. Remove belt from stationary idler (C) and clutching idler (D).
5 Remove belt from centerspan idler (E).
6 Pull belt back toward rear of tractor. Carefully remove belt upwards from transmission input pulley and over cooling fan blades (F)
7. Remove belt downward from engine pulley and around electric clutch (G),
8, Slide belt toward rear of tractor, off the steering plate (H) and remove from tractor.
1. Install new belt from tractor rear to front, over the steering plate (4) and above clutch brake pedal shaft (J).
2.Pull belt toward front of tractor and roll belt around electric clutch and onto engine pulley (G),
3. Pull belt toward rear of tractor CarefuIly work belt down around transmission cooling fan and onto the input pulley (F). Be sure belt is inside the belt keeper,
4. Install belt on centerspan idler (E)
5. Install belt through stationary idler (C) and clutching idler (D).
6. ReinstaIl anti-rotation link (B) on right side of tractor. Tighten securely.
7. Reconnect clutch harness (A),
8.Make sure belt is in all pulley grooves and inside all belt guides and keepers
9, Install mower.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 6
Past 7 Days: 57
Past 30 Days: 198
All Time: 357