Laptop not working after water spill.

Hello, I was working last night and accidentally I dropped cool drink on the keyboard area. I placed a cloth on keyboard and tried to switch off. After a while I tried to start, the black screen it blinks ( even though nothing fell on it ) and when I press a key it give some sound. Then after few minutes it doesn't even start. Any idea of what happened and what can I do now? :(

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

1 Answer

That does not sound to well.

Here's what you should have done:

1. shut it down

2. disconnect the battery

3. remove backplate/keyboard everything you can

4. dry with hair dryer 2 min - wait 30 min, repeat a few times

5. let it sit for at least 24h in a windy dry place and repeat the hairdryer procedure until you feel comfortable that it is completly dry

6. ONLY WHEN YOU ARE SHURE ITS DRY reconnect to batterie and power

In you're case there might be some water on the connector to the display. Try and dry it with a Hairdryer.

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

NAGASAI VARDHAN sarvepalli will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 5

Past 7 Days: 14

Past 30 Days: 46

All Time: 167