2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

How can I Remove the Battery from the Top Case?

I have seen answers suggesting that I use methanol to remove it, but I am not sure I will be able to find that locally. I am wondering if I can use a different sort of alcohol to remove the battery.

Thanks in advance!

Here's the guide on doing it. I use methanol, any high grade (low water) alcohol will work:

MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Mid 2015 Battery Replacement

I was hoping you would give your opinion on this, as it was your posts I was referring to for this repair. Thanks for posting this guide. I took a brief look at it yesterday, but decided to wait until I knew for sure that I could use something other than methanol!

I use methanol because it is pure with no water.

Most Helpful Answer

Yes, you can use 95%+ isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) and a thin tool to remove the battery; it allows the tool to slide under and cut the adhesive holding the battery to the palmrest.

Awesome! Thanks for the help! I wasn't sure if there was a particular reason to use methanol, and didn't want to risk it given my virtually nonexistent understanding of the chemistry involved with Li-Ion batteries.

Noah Theobald will be eternally grateful.