Repair guides and support for riding lawn tractors sold under the Murray brand name, currently owned by Briggs & Stratton.

How to determine belt size

I changed out the motor on my Murray, the pulley diameter is different then what was on original motor. (cannot remove pulley) How do I size the correct belt?, everyone i try is either too big or too small. I can't seem to get a match.

Please give us the exact model number.

For all parts, I use my user manual for the part number for the model number of the equipment. If you don't have that, or a parts list is not in the manual, you can type that information in a Google search which will give you some sites that will give you parts lists or diagrams. Start with the website for the Murray Riding Mower. I always get my parts from repairclinic.com online. You can type in the model number for your mower and it will give you options for the belt or other parts.

The problem is the correct belt is specified for the mower model I have (in the manual) originally (the physical mower not the engine), but since I changed the motor and pulley that belt no longer fits

Since you changed both the motor and the pulley, you're going to have to extrapolate. Use the old belt and put it on. If it is to long, cut it, Then put it back in place and see how much overlap you get. Then cut that to size, tape it and take it to your belt store and get one the same size. If it is to short. measure by how much and use those figures to get one that fits.

Michael Casapulla will be eternally grateful.