What battery technology does the NuVision tm800w560l tablet use?

I called NuVision tech support to ask what kind of charging hub could be used with the device because the battery has been draining dead within 6 to 7 hours of use attached to a Plugable UD-3000 dock. The agent told me that under no circumstances should the tablet be used at all while it is charging. This sounds like something you might have been told about old 1990s lithium metal batteries. Does anyone know what kind of battery is in these tablets? I don't want to take mine apart to look because it's still under warranty. Also, has anyone had any luck using this tablet with a charging hub? If so, which one?

@gregpg I am somewhat confused by what you are asking. Yes your tablet uses Lithium Ion batteries and this "under no circumstances should the tablet be used at all while it is charging" is news to me. I do not see any reason for that statement.

@oldturkey03 That's what I thought but I also wondered if there might be some reason other than memory effect that they recommend charging while not in use. If the battery were maybe too light for the tablet, the engineer who wrote the the CSR script might be worried about overheating encouraging thermal runaway, and that would depend partly on the specific chemistry of the battery used.

Sure there is always that possibility but it is somewhat unlikely. I think part of that is related to the recent hype about exploding batteries. Nobody wants to find their device listed on some news report. The only issue with using a device while charging it, is a prolonged charging time since the device will still receive some of the power.

Greg will be eternally grateful.