Support for gas-powered and electric golf carts, sometimes referred to as golf cars or club cars after the Club Car Golf Cart brand.

club car wont move

48 volt club car, surges slightly when pedal is pressed, but will not move. can hear silenoid clicking on and off after a few seconds of pedal release, but no movement in forward or reverse.

steve any more information on the exact model or year of your cart? This could be a lot of things including your multistep potentiometer, bad batteries (check to make sure that all the batteries are working)and plenty more. Start with the batteries.

it is a 1996 48 volt club car. It was running fine then stopped operating while we were riding it. I measured just over 50-volts on the batteries (2 year old batteries) and cannot see any loose connections. I turn on the key and switch to forward or reverse, hit the pedal and ca hear a click from a solenoid, the a very slight movement as if the car wants to go but won't (very slight for 1/2 a second). when the pedal is release, a few seconds after I can hear the solenoid click again.

48-volt powerdrive plus

Our 2001 club car is doing the same. Did you ever find the solution?

Yes mine turned out to be a failed computer. I had it replaced and it has been fine ever since.

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like the motor is not getting all the voltage it needs to move. Check your connections at the solenoid and the motor. If you are not getting enough voltage at the solenoid, check for bad fuses or circuit breakers. If voltage is good at the solenoid, but not the motor; suspect the solenoid is going bad. Hope this helps.

If its the solenoid, what are the repair costs?

What is the cost if it is solenoid

I had a similar problem. After I cleaned up the battery posts the cart worked fine.

Generally the MCOR or the Computer

04 /48 volt club car-reverse only/no forward/replaced one of the micro switches/good to go!

cart jerks when taking off

My cart has sat for 6 months. I had corroded terminals and cleaned them all. Ran good for a day but -11 code returned. Rechecked connections, ran good then code -11 again. Any ideas?

my club cart is 48v system, yet it reads 110v at the solenoid. When i test the voltage going through the solenoid it drops clear to 0. same thing when i test it at the motorany ideas?

2003 Club Car DS 48V. Went thru all lines and connections. Pedal switch is good, F/N/R is drawing the correct power, all batteries holding at 8 volts. 48 volts to the solenoid. Replaced the large rear solenoid. Computer when the gas pedal is pushed has a green solid LED light on. Solenoid makes a clicking noise when the pedal is pushed down. Golf cart still doesn’t move forward or reverse. Tried resetting the computer but no luck. Any other options? This cart doesnt have a tow/run switch option either.

2007 Club car had sat two years. Went through and cleaned all the cable connections, was able to get the batteries charged but the car would not move, but I could hear the solenoid clicking. With the gas pedal depressed, key on and cart in forward, I banged on the bottom of the rear solenoid and away we went. Been fine ever since. I imagine the solenoid was stuck somehow.

steve will be eternally grateful.