Support for gas-powered and electric golf cart, sometimes referred to as golf cars, or club cars after the Club Car Golf Cart brand.

club car wont move

48 volt club car, surges slightly when pedal is pressed, but will not move. can hear silenoid clicking on and off after a few seconds of pedal release, but no movement in forward or reverse.

steve any more information on the exact model or year of your cart? This could be a lot of things including your multistep potentiometer, bad batteries (check to make sure that all the batteries are working)and plenty more. Start with the batteries.

it is a 1996 48 volt club car. It was running fine then stopped operating while we were riding it. I measured just over 50-volts on the batteries (2 year old batteries) and cannot see any loose connections. I turn on the key and switch to forward or reverse, hit the pedal and ca hear a click from a solenoid, the a very slight movement as if the car wants to go but won't (very slight for 1/2 a second). when the pedal is release, a few seconds after I can hear the solenoid click again.

48-volt powerdrive plus

Our 2001 club car is doing the same. Did you ever find the solution?

Yes mine turned out to be a failed computer. I had it replaced and it has been fine ever since.

Sounds like the motor is not getting all the voltage it needs to move. Check your connections at the solenoid and the motor. If you are not getting enough voltage at the solenoid, check for bad fuses or circuit breakers. If voltage is good at the solenoid, but not the motor; suspect the solenoid is going bad. Hope this helps.

steve will be eternally grateful.