The XV40 Camry was introduced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show alongside a hybrid version and went on sale in March 2006 for the 2007 model year.

AUX don't work/turn on in Camry 2010

Hi there,

First of all thank you guys @ IFIXIT for creating such an informative site.

My question is about my Camry 2010 AUX input in my radio/cd player. Problem is that the CD & Radio turn on and works perfectly but the AUX part don't work/turn on.

How can I fix it ?

Thanks a lot.

Muhammad

Pomona, CA

@muameen is that the standard Toyota Radio or an aftermarket one? What have you connected to the AUX jack? How do you know it does not work?

Thank you for your reply.

It is a standard/original Toyota camry radio. It does not have Bluetooth capability, I always used AUX jack to play music from my iPod/iPhone. AUX has its own turn on switch. FM/AM radio and CD player works perfectly just the AUX don't work/turn on.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Answer

@muameen this will require taking apart the area around the radio and messing with wires.

As a quick, cheap workaround, I suggest a FM transmitter. Such as this one

https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Bluetoot...

What this device does is connect to your music player via bluetooth or aux cable. Then it takes the sound and sends it to your car via FM radio. You would find a FM station that has no signal, and then tune the FM transmitter to transmit to this station. It can also charge your phone at the same time.

Thanks for replying to my question.

Your advise/solution is very much appreciated. But, if possible I still want to try to fix my radio (just don't want to pay the dealer a huge amount). I will purchase the FM transmitter as a last resort.

Thanks again.

@muameen , ok, no problem. FYI the part itself is $40 on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/i/172681340310?chn=...

Thanks a lot.

Muhammad U Ameen will be eternally grateful.