Dropped phone and now the screen has white lines through it.

So I recently replaced my battery and home button and everything was perfect, but today I dropped my phone and it fell flat on its back (in case) and now the touch screen isn't working properly, though sometimes works for a few seconds or minutes when I open it and goes back to being crazy suddenly, and the lcd has white lines through it (they appear after a few seconds when I open it).

Took it apart and disconnected everything and reassembled it but the problem persists. I also noticed some strange sort of tears on the black strip on the metal bracket as you can see bellow. Does this mean I need to buy the entire front panel reassembly or can I just replace the lcd/ digitizer? Any way to tell if there's damage beyond the screen before spending another $50 on this phone?

Gerard Dalbon, Possibly a good local cell phone repair shop could hook up a iPhone 5s test screen to see if that is your only issue. Links below for screen replacement and possible replacement part. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

iPhone 5s Display Assembly Replacement

iPhone 5s LCD Screen and Digitizer

iPhone 5s LCD Screen and Digitizer Image

You don't think that weird scratch on the black part of the metal plate is an issue? I was thinking of just getting the entire assembly not just the screen/ digitizer and be done with it. I can't return it to ifixit if it doesn't work?

Gerard Dalbon, Thanks for replying back, I think the plate comes attached on the replacement screen, contact the ifixit store to verify and also ask about return policy.

Gerard Dalbon will be eternally grateful.