Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Replacement of Logic Board, what else do I need other than LB?

I had replaced by A1226 logic board on my own. I only had my MBA charger around so unable to fully charge up my MBP. I got these worries.

1. When charging using my MBA charger I smell some heat from the machine.

2. I peeled quite a number of the orange tapes from the old logic board but did not paste all of them back.

3. When replacing my logic board do I just need a new logic board and replace it? Do i need other things like new tapes and grease?

Replace the thermal paste? Where should the thermal paste be placed? I did some cleaning at the bottom of it but I think the smell is from regular heating.

I would have replaced the thermal paste and cleaned the vents while I was that deep in the machine. The tape mainly keeps things plugged in securely.

Francis Lim will be eternally grateful.