Ice maker stopped making ice.

Thinking it's my ice maker but just getting a second opinion.

My ice maker stopped making ice. I pulled it out and there was frozen ice cube still in the mold. I melted them out and waited to see if it would start working again, and it didn't even dump water into the tray.

The fridge and freezer are both at the right temperature, we change the water filter as soon as the light comes on every six months.

What are you thoughts?

thank you.

Cause 1

Freezer Temperature is Above 10 Degrees F (-12C)

If the freezer temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12C), the ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently. The freezer temperature should be set between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to -15C) for the ice maker to work properly. If the freezer temperature is too high, ensure that the condenser coils are clear of debris and the condenser fan is working properly. In addition, check to see if frost has accumulated on the evaporator coils. If the evaporator coils are frosted over, part of the defrost system has likely failed.

Cause 2

Water Inlet Valve

The water inlet valve is an electrically-controlled valve that opens to supply water to the dispenser and ice maker. If the water inlet valve is defective, or if it has insufficient pressure, it won’t allow water to flow through. As a result, the ice maker won’t make ice. The valve requires at least 20 psi to function properly. Make sure that the water pressure to the valve is at least 20 psi. If the water pressure is sufficient, use a multimeter to check for power to the water inlet valve. If the water inlet valve has sufficient pressure and is getting power, but the ice maker won’t fill with water to make ice, replace the water inlet valve.

Cause 3

Ice Maker Assembly

One component of the ice maker assembly might be defective. Since many of the ice maker components are not sold separately, you may need to purchase and replace the entire ice maker assembly. Before replacing the ice maker assembly, check the water inlet valve, water line, and fan. If none of these parts are at fault, and the freezer temperature is at least 15 degrees Fahrenheit, replace the ice maker assembly.

my ice maker stopped working as well. The arm does not go flat down, it's about 1/4 way up, not at 1/2 way point. Could this be the problem?

Pauline, stick you finger in the tray that holds the water to freeze and see if there is ice or even water.

thanks for responding and no water. It was working perfectly till Christmas Eve

Pauline, my ice arm is in the horizontal position when off. When on, it's about the 5 o'clock position.

Ok, so do you think it's the motor

Check to make sure you're actually getting water to the ice maker and also some have a lever that's over the ice maker shaped like a wire that needs to be pulled down hope this helps

Since day one ours has put out crushed ice when it is set on cubed. Then it started melting and water was freezing in the bottom so it would not dispense. Now it has stopped working completely. By the way we it started melting we put he freezer temp down to -5 it did not seem to help.

Mine makes ice sometimes and sometimes doesn’t. I feel I’ve in the maker but it never dispenses?!?

I have the same issue as well. We've defrosted the ENTIRE unit and after 2 days the ice maker was back to normal. Now 1 week later, not only has ice maker stopped but the inside has tons of frozen ice on the frozen foods. The water dispenser is working just fine.

Mine makes ice but doesn't dispense

I reset my filter after the icemaker wasn't making any ice and readjusted temperature and now its making ice again

Mine the motor that dispense the ice do not work any more stopped making ice as well..

Mine has also stopped working. First it started spitting water out of the ice dispenser (and all over my floor) and now it is not working at all. No water goes in to the trays and the arm is not dropping down. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Matt will be eternally grateful.