The W123 chassis covers 240D's, 300D's, 300TD's, 280E's, and several other models of Mercedes coupes, sedans and wagons from model years 1977 to 1985.

Driver's seat will not adjust backwards

The driver's seat in my 1982 Mercedes 240 D will not adjust back. There are two flat bars hanging down in back of the seat. I have tried to get it to move back with no luck.

Do not want to damage the seat. I would be more comfortable driving the car if seat would go back.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

@zephyrus not adjust backwards as in recline?

Harold, This answer is assuming you want the seat to move back further from steering wheel. Track assy. may be seized/gummed up with debri and seat and track may have to be removed to clean and freed up and lubricated to get it to slide all the way back. Links below maybe of help in the repair of your seat and if not leave your question open for more input from other ifixit volunteer's. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH4X3IBA...

Mercedes W123 Front Seat Replacement

Harold will be eternally grateful.