How Can I Recover My Photos and Contacts from My Old Phone?

A few days ago, I goofed and walked into a lake with my cell phone in my pocket. The phone was completely submerged in the water for less than a minute. I found out about it shortly afterward so then, I set out in the sun on a boat for about five hours. I bought rice later on, and put the phone in. This was Monday afternoon. The device made progress from only showing lines on the display, to now where the touch screen is all messed up. I bought a new phone this morning, but none of my contacts or pictures transferred over with my sim card. How can I get these pictures and contacts over? The phone that got in the water was a LG Stylo 2 Pro, and I just bought a LG Stylo 3. Thanks for your help!

Did you enable google sync? I am hoping you say yes, as Google contacts are backed up into gmail, and photos into google photos if it worked right.

Most Helpful Answer

@dogg705 unless you enabled Google sync, there is not a hole lot you can do. this may be a missed opportunity due to such a big delay in proper treatment. Rice does not do anything. It may give you the idea that you are doing something, but it does NOT work. No matter what device no matter what fluids. It is useless. What you needed to do was to disassemble your phone ASAP, removed the battery and your mainboard. Then remove all the EMI shields of your board and clean everything with high grade isopropyl alcohol (90%+). Best would have been of course an ultrasonic cleaning.

By now you are probably looking at shortcircuits and a failed digitizer. Depending on the importance of your contacts etc. you can consider sending this phone to somebody that specialize in water repair. Otherwise, cut your losses and consider this a lesson.

If your old water damaged LG phone can be detected by computer in usb debugging mode, you can use pro phone data recovery program to get them back. If no, maybe it's impossible.

Luke Thompson will be eternally grateful.