Why will my K45SS mixer not turn off after rebuild.

I bought a 1970's era Hobart KitchenAid K45SS and proceeded to disassemble it, replace a broken gear, paint the exterior, clean the motor with electronics cleaner, repacked new grease and put it all back together. Prior to this project the mixer worked but was noisy. Now, with the power switch in the off position, as soon as I plug it in the motor starts turning. It operates on all speeds but will not turn off. I have not found any loose screws, the control plate spring is attached, the wiring has not changed. I searched this and other sites but have not found a solution. I found an old service manual on line and under the troubleshooting section it mentioned that the "on off switch is not correctly adjusted" and to "check switch control link" but did not go into details on how to do that.

I have included a link to the service manual for anyone who needs it.

K45SS Service Manual

I identified the problem and corrected it. There is a small hole at the bottom of the speed control plate through which the end of the link speed should protrude as the speed control lever is advanced from the off position. My link speed was out of position and failed to break contact with the control plate. Once I placed the link speed where it needed to be the mixer turned off as it should have.

Paul Mercier will be eternally grateful.