2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz) or 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Lines appearing on my MacBook display

About two months ago 2 lines appeared across the bottom of the screen the suddenly the screen started to show the lines everywhere

i reset the VRAM and the SCM and that fixed it until today, the lines appeared on the screen again, tried resetting the VRAM and SCM again but it didn't work this time. Any idea what it may be? and how much would it cost to fix it? It's a MacBook Pro Retina 15'' Mid 2014

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

That would be my first try also based off your video. This should be the part you need:

MacBook Pro 15" Retina (Late 2013-Mid 2014) I/O Board Data Cable

MacBook Pro 15" Retina (Late 2013-Mid 2014) I/O Board Data Cable Image

Product

$19.99

Yeah i dropped it once and it has a dent on the back of the screen but that was a long time ago and it never caused me any problems. Apart from that the only thing i can think about is that it heats up and the fans get really loud after i turn it on. And no changes when i move the screen

Most Helpful Answer

I dont't have much experience with retina models but it looks like a problem related to the cable connecting panel and logic board. Do you see any changes when you move the screen back and forth ? Anything unusual happened to the Mac recently before you encountered this behavior..a drop or something ?

Daniel Vazquez will be eternally grateful.