Why is there a yellow light across the crack in my screen?

Hello, I have my mom's old phone and neither of us remember if the screen has been replaced. The bottom corners of the screen is not all the way glued or nailed into the actual phone itself. A random crack randomly appeared after noticing the pop of the screen. Along the crack is a yellow light. The yellow light does not appear any where else on the screen. What should I do?

Sounds like battery has expanded. Usually you will notice this if the screen is pushing up from the left side and you can't push it back in at all.

At that point you will need to replace the screen and if the battery is indeed bloated then battery needs to be replaced as well.

The bottom will push in but it won't stay in.

I agree with @benjamen50 that you should replace your screen. My guess would be that this is actually a damaged LCD (what shows you the image) and it's just getting bad enough that you're starting to notice the damage.

If it is a bloated battery you should get it replaced ASAP before it explodes in your phone.

Screens can be found here: iPhone 6 LCD Screen and Digitizer

Battery here: iPhone 6 Replacement Battery

iPhone 6 LCD Screen and Digitizer Image
iPhone 6 Replacement Battery Image

Alyssa Cruz will be eternally grateful.