Samsung's newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S8. Released in April 2017.

Broken front screen (touchscreen still works).

My s8 was apparently damaged while in my pocket (phone is 2 wks old, never dropped).

Damage is limited to a small (5mm) part on the lower corner, and I'm still able to use the touch functions. (turned on developer options, and feature that lights-up where touched - and entire screen touch still works, even where glass is broken.)

I have put some clear plastic adhesive tape over the broken part of the glass to prevent cracks from spreading as a temporary fix.

Touch function still works, can I simply replace the front glass? I see some options on ebay for about $30. (incl tools). "S8 Glass Replacement Screen Lens Front Outer Repair Parts". (I do not see this available on ifixit - otherwise I'd prefer ifixit as a vendor, of course).

Or do I need to buy a whole new digitizer (@$300)?

Only replace the front glass need many machines like Freezing separate mechine, Bubble remove machine

and others mechines.

Alibaba has a lot of cheap and good quality front touch glass outer lens for samsung s8

You can search for keywords"Replacement parts 3D front touch glass outer lens for samsung s8" in Alibaba

neil prestemon will be eternally grateful.