The Xbox One Wireless Controller 1697 was released in 2015 and replaced the 1537 controller and fixes some of the problems found on Model 1537 controllers. The Model 1697 controller includes an integrated 3.5mm headset jack, which allows compatibility with most 3rd party headsets without an adapter. This controller has been discontinued and replaced by the Model 1708 controller.

3.5mm mic not working but can hear others.

I can hear other people but they can't hear me, when I blow or talk into the mic my ring around my profile lights up like I'm talking. I've tested the mic on other devices and works. I've tried other mics but same thing happens. It's a turtle beach headset.

Does it work on other XBOXs?

i am having the same problem. i can hear everyone, but no one can hear me. i have tried the cheap one that came with it, the newer one that uses the new port, and a Turtle Beach XO3. i am fearing it is my controller.

It's not the controller because I have a brand new controller and headset and still have this problem.

So, any answers for this problem?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

@dtr20 by "Ring around the profile" do you mean you are using this on a PC with discord? If so, I'd check your discord settings first, because if discord talk indicator is lighting that probably means audio is reaching it. If you are not on PC, please explain what you mean in the comments below.

It's being on xbox

It's being used on xbox

Check your settings to see if your microphone is set to mute or the gain is really low. That should fix your issue as your xbox is definitely picking up audio but is not sending it to people at a high volume.

The Xbox is not recognizing that it's even plugged in.

Do you have another controller to test your headphones with? You could just be unlucky and got a defective controller.

Jake Amato will be eternally grateful.