Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus.

4318 Questions View all

Having trouble finding the name of a specific repair tool, need help!

My boss told me about a tool used to hold an iPhone screen up when doing iphone repairs, basically something that connects the screen to the back housing and keeps the screen up and in place while work is being done. I can't think of the name of it, or find it anywhere. I saw someone using one recently on the ifixit instagram, I can post the image so you get an idea of what I'm talking about. My boss said I could find this at a local Hardware store (Harbor Freight tools for me) but I went last week and I wasn't finding anything close to what I'm looking for, any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks :)

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


I found the GTool Stand360, I don't know if this is exactly what I was looking for but it will certainly do!


The correct tool is an e-cigarette with a decent, square box mod. I personally use a Sigelei and highly recommend it. Its the perfect width and its heavy enough that it won't slide around.


Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

It could be this one:

Dotterpod iHold

OK, that is this one:

gTool Stand360

Dotterpod iHold Image


Dotterpod iHold


gTool Stand360 Image


gTool Stand360


Was this answer helpful?

Score 4
Add a comment

Add your answer

Ian Romprey will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 38