Repair guides and support for iRulu.

Updated Windows 10, drivers have now vanished (Irulu Walknbook W2)

Hi All,

Windows 10 was working fine then performed a large update. Since then I lost almost all of my device drivers - the OS didn't even recognise the battery!

After hours of searching I now have found most drivers, but I cannot find ones for my Camera or Touchscreen. Device manager is showing 4 "unknown device" so maybe I'm missing other stuff too.

The Irulu driver page doesn't help as nothing is labelled, does anyone here know which drivers I need and more importantly where to find them?

Thanks in advance all.

Most Helpful Answer

Windows automatically installs drivers. 99% of the time you won't have to install drivers on your device. Does the touch screen work? If not, try installing some generic drivers. Same for the webcam. The webcam should work. On the unknown devices, click properties, driver, install driver.

Hi George, thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm afraid that I am the 1% in this case. The update fried almost all drivers from my walknbook. I also tried a full system restore but that just brought windows back to where it was AFTER the major update! Thanks Microsoft.

I tried right clicking on device manager to update drivers but it finds nothing. After lots of messing about searching from device & vendor IDs (from device manager) I have managed to get sound, graphics and SD card back up and running -the mouse, keyboard and WiFi were the only things not lost through this update.

Can you please suggest some generic drivers you would recommend for the onboard cameras (both) and the touchscreen?

If only the Irulu driver download page was more descriptive. The annoying thing is that everything is probably there but it's just a jumble of letters!

Thanks again.

@welshjpc, I don't normally say this but the best thing to do is contact support. If they don't help any, you'll have to install generic drivers until you find the right one. Be careful not to install malware. You can also try a factory restore. It's good to do those once in a while.

Jamie Campbell will be eternally grateful.