iPhone Ribbon Cable Straightener/Flattiner

I was helping my replace his iPhone 6 battery at the bar of an On The Border where he works and as I was doing it, I guess I pulled too hard on popping the cables out and one of the ribbon cables was bent! Just slightly but if you ever see lines on the screen after putting a phone back together, could be that you bent the ribbon cable connection on the actual cable! Is there such a thing as a straightener or flattiner that you could put the connection into to straighten it up?

Some how I straightened the digitizer/lcd screen cable to where it was flat and not bent.. Took care of the problem..

You got really lucky in this case. It has always failed for me when I tried this.

Glad it worked.

Straightening a flex cable once it has already shown signs of the part not working properly is not going to fix the problem as it's already damaged. You have to end up replacing the faulty part.

Lines on screen, either replug cable or get another replacement screen.

I never, ever ever pull on ribbon cables. I always plug the cable using my nail or some plastic spudger (if you're new to this). The best spot to unplug a ribbon cable from the connector is always the corners of the connectors.

I do also disconnect all power sources then remove the screen to do battery replacements for convenience as well.

Greg Carlisle will be eternally grateful.