The JBL Charge 2+ made by JBL is the second generation of the JBL Charge brand.

Can I turn off the startup sound

Is there any way to turn off the VERY ANNOYING AND LOUD startup sound? I absolutely hate it so much that I will sell this speaker if I can't get rid of that noise!

I also hate that loudly sound, is there anybody can help me how to turn off that sound? Tks

Most Helpful Answer

It's not easy to see, but the answer is on this page as a comment written by @nalegke, so I thought I'd repost it as an answer.

"Download the JBL Connect mobile app, update speaker's firmware and turn off the alert sounds from the app."

Just confirmed this for myself.

works. thank god and thank you to the poster

Wondeful! Thank you!

I can’t find the option to update firmware in JBL Connect app to disable the startup sound of my Flip 4. How do I update the firmware?

Great! it was driving my wife mad - me not so much. The firmware update worked perfectly. Thanks.

MeToo :-(

Under the Info I can see Firmware Version 3.2.0 . Is this already the most up to date?

I can only see the options for the "stereo" mode, the "party" mode as well as the 'voice assistant'. Where are there any others (FW update, turn off the alert sound ...?)

Hans, I see same. No icon for updating over speaker image either.

To my knowledge Flip 4 doesn't have the possibility yet (8.10.2018) to turn off the startup /shutdown sounds. :(((

Yes i also hate that loudly sound of startup. In there anybody know how to turn it off?

Download the JBL Connect mobile app, update speaker's firmware and turn off the alert sounds from the app.

No app named JBL Connect to be found in iOS App Store!!

I have downloaded the JBL Connect app (Samsung S7), upgraded to JBL Connect+. Does nothing, except change name of the JBL Charge 3 and do upgrade again.

How can I access the “turn off alert sounds”  ?????

BTW: the app stays most of the time in “Discovering” mode (although BT works fine).

Please help

woelfelmarty will be eternally grateful.