The JBL Charge 2+ made by JBL is the second generation of the JBL Charge brand.

Can I turn off the startup sound

Is there any way to turn off the VERY ANNOYING AND LOUD startup sound? I absolutely hate it so much that I will sell this speaker if I can't get rid of that noise!

I also hate that loudly sound, is there anybody can help me how to turn off that sound? Tks

I'm also having a very hard time turning off that sound. The sound prevents me turning on my speaker at night.

You can turn it off. Update the firmware using the JBL app op your phone. Then you will find an option to turn off the start-up sound.

Could you please send a picture of this app. I have installed and uninstalled 5 different apps, as some don't work, where other ones I can't find the firmware update

It's the JBL Connect app on android. First install the app / update it to the newest version via the play store. edit: this is the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...

Connect your phone via bluetooth with the box. If the app then prompts you to do a firmware update, plug the box in an outlet to charge and do that, this takes a while.

When everything is up to date you should see your box on the main screen of the app like here https://imgur.com/LaUcEkL.jpg

if you don't see that try to restart the app, and make sure your phone is still connected to the box.

Then tap on the grey gear on the bottom, and disable the option "audio feedback sounds".

This worked for my charge 3, hopefully it's the same for your version. If you have iOS it should be similar, but I don't know the exact details... I hope this helps :)

Most Helpful Answer

It's not easy to see, but the answer is on this page as a comment written by @nalegke, so I thought I'd repost it as an answer.

"Download the JBL Connect mobile app, update speaker's firmware and turn off the alert sounds from the app."

Just confirmed this for myself.

works. thank god and thank you to the poster

Wondeful! Thank you!

I can’t find the option to update firmware in JBL Connect app to disable the startup sound of my Flip 4. How do I update the firmware?

Great! it was driving my wife mad - me not so much. The firmware update worked perfectly. Thanks.

The firmware update you're talking about is the Connect+ update? And is it also working for the Charge 3?

MeToo :-(

Under the Info I can see Firmware Version 3.2.0 . Is this already the most up to date?

I can only see the options for the "stereo" mode, the "party" mode as well as the 'voice assistant'. Where are there any others (FW update, turn off the alert sound ...?)

Hans, I see same. No icon for updating over speaker image either.

To my knowledge Flip 4 doesn't have the possibility yet (8.10.2018) to turn off the startup /shutdown sounds. :(((

I have hacked it, and it is possible to disable any specific sound. The procedure is quite dangerous.

Initially I wanted to publish it here on ifixit, but then decided to stay underground, in hopes CSR/Qualcomm won't bother to take down their leaked tools.

So instructions here: https://hackaday.io/project/162337/instr...

thanks a lot Victor, I finally escaped from those awful sounds.

Yes i also hate that loudly sound of startup. In there anybody know how to turn it off?

Download the JBL Connect mobile app, update speaker's firmware and turn off the alert sounds from the app.

No app named JBL Connect to be found in iOS App Store!!

I have downloaded the JBL Connect app (Samsung S7), upgraded to JBL Connect+. Does nothing, except change name of the JBL Charge 3 and do upgrade again.

How can I access the “turn off alert sounds”  ?????

BTW: the app stays most of the time in “Discovering” mode (although BT works fine).

Please help

Can’t find a way to access the firmware upgrade (how can i know what my Flip 4 has? Only party and stereo show up in the app. Ideas?

For Flip 4 the customer support answer is:

Drin at Customer Service

· 2 years ago

Unfortunately, the notification sound can't be adjusted. These are fixed feature settings which cannot be changed

so not much you can do now - this is annoying ….

woelfelmarty will be eternally grateful.