A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

PS4 beeps, flashes blue light for a second and then turns off

The issue is:

- I turn on the PS4

- It beeps

- The blue light turns on for a second or two

- It turns off completely

- The PS4 is now completely irresponsible

- I need to plug out the power and then plug it back in

- We're back to step 1

Has anyone faced this issue before? Is it something i can fix myself?

It's a first generation PS4 and here's the problem in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBRUTJVc...

did anything recent happen to your playstation? Is there any signs of overheating?

I bought it used, it worked fine for the first week but now this happened.

Added a video to the opening post.

Fixed it with this guide

PlayStation 4 Turns On Then Back Off Repair

Perfekt - habe zwar keine Ahnung warum das geholfen hat, hat es aber und ich einen jammernden Sohn weniger ;-)

Try taking the ps4 and unplug power cord. ... to make it work was remove the power cord and switch it on, it will beep with a light and then die (without the cord) then when u start it up hold down the boot button till it beeps twice and it will rebuild the database

I have similar problem and I tried replacing power supply and using the washer trick. Neither worked. Sony will fix out of warranty for $99+taxes or I can go to the local repair shop which they quoted $60+ with diag. I might just send it to Sony.

nothing worked for me, restoring database, reinstalling system from memory stick or anything at all until..... really simple fix resolution change! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgVo1p5e...

I unpluged I wiped the power socket with alcohol wipe and fixed my problem much quicker than all that mess around

Thank you bro was jus about to throw my PS4 out and buy a new one jus cleaned the power socket and started right up

which part of the power socket are you talking? In the console, the cable or wall?

ArchangelPT will be eternally grateful.