iPhone 5s randomly turns off/shut down.

Hi.

I have an iPhone 5s that keeps shutting down randomly, several times a day.

I have tried 2 new different batteries. But same problem.

When plugged in charger it starts again with a lot of remaining battery.

When replaced battery i did the battery calibration.

Draining the phone to 0 %, charge to 100 % and force restart.

Any ideas what this is.

I replaced the battery in the first place because i started have the problem with it shutting down a 30-40 % power.

Is this a software issue??

Best

Anders

Picture iphone 5s

Most Helpful Answer

Is your lhone not charging i mean it fake charges when not in use but when your using the phone the percent moves ?Maybe your FL11 is the problem try replacing it if not then maybe your port and at last Your u2 ic maybe the problem is your phone showing random battery percentage ?But i think you accidentally broke the FL11 while replacing the battery considering the fact that you tried other battery

Search the FL11 on 5s then check if your FL 11 is still on your phone or is gone and maybe the continuity of it to the connector is broken

While u2 ic is all about using third party cables .it is the battery percentage indicator but in your case its more likely the FL 11 is missing

To clarify what @kobexkyrie is saying:

OP, he is referring to the small components right above the battery connector when unplugging the battery. It's common for that to happen if you are not careful as you can dig your nails or prying tool on those small components and knock them off causing these issues.

For more information, refer to 1. here:

https://www.etradesupply.com/blog/9-impo...

Hi Guys.

Thank you for your answers. Lots of good info!

I have been looking at the components and cant seem to see any damaged / missing components.

FL11 could of cause still be bad...

I have postet picture of iPhone 5s above in my original question.

Any ideas?

I fixed my IPhone5S's random shutdowns by buying a Samsung Galaxy S8. FIXED!

Now that's the BEST suggestion I've read anywhere! Here, here!

I'm not saying this will work for you, but I had the exact same problem. I found a perfect, easy fix for this AND it's a tension-release at the same time. Here's what I did: I took my 5s and SLAMMED IT agains the wall as hard as I could. Then I jumped up and down on it repeatedly while cursing. Not sure if it was the slamming, jumping on or cursing that worked, but now it works great! It even talks to me and keeps me company when I get lonesome. Another phine product phrum the lovely people at Apple.

Anders Laursen will be eternally grateful.