4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

Vibrator runs continuously after rebuild

My iPhone se had broken screen and damaged housing but worked ok. Bought new housing and transferred whole phone (as I have done on numerous occasions). On startup vibrator starts with Apple logo and runs continuously.

I have restored phone and replaced power cable. No change. Tried different vibrator motor too.

Any ideas?

I would suspect a damaged flex (look for a micro tear, probably on the edge) or FPC connector. Go back through this guide.

iPhone 5s Audio Control and Power Button Cable Image

Product

iPhone 5s Audio Control and Power Button Cable

$24.99

That's what I thought but problem persists after replacing power button cable with new

Did you check the connector on the logic board and its surrounding area. The connector may have been damaged or some small parts may have been pried from the board when lifting the connectors.

Hi yes. I got a technician friend to inspect. He said he removed a small metal "swarf" and I thought that would be it - but no!!

This is an old post, but wanted to know did this ever got resolved or has this happened to anyone else?

Excactly the same thing happened to me today.

After rebuild when the phone is powered on the vibrator starts and does not stop until the phone is off.

I used housing with small parts included so might be the power-flex. Did not have time to try another power-flex. All the buttons work fine otherwise.

PS. There is lots of posts on the Apple forum this happening out of the blue without touching the hardware.

rob.crame will be eternally grateful.