The Fujifilm X30 is a point and shoot camera with a 3.0 inch LCD screen.

fuji x30 lens misaligned

I had a daylight filter screwed onto the front of my fuji x30 lens. Over time dust got under the filter and onto the lens. But the filter was really locked on tight to the lens and next to impossible to get off. I finally got it off using some channellock pliers. Now when I turn the lens to "OFF" it won't go all the way to OFF, which means the camera won't turn off, and the "Indicator Lamp" blinks orange for about 30 seconds until the camera times out and turns off. The owners maual says; Blinks orange (Slow)

The zoom ring is positioned between ON and OFF. Pictures cannot be taken. (No kidding....)

Is there a way to realign the lens so it actually turns to off? BTW, the camera's focus is still perfect.

PLEASE HELP...

Thank you,

Bob Coulter

I got the same problem. Have you get any fix yet?

Sorry but no one responded

Hi, Bob! Same problem. The barrel holding the filter apparently got unscrewed while trying to tighten my hood/shade (clockwise while facing the lens). Then by screwing the barrel back on (yea, this is counterclockwise) it seems overtightening of the barrel then causes the problem.

The slow blinking simply indicates that the lens is set between OFF and 28mm.

"Fix it" by loosen the barrel by first extending it (easier to grip it) by setting the focal length to 85mm and then turning it clockwise until you can shut off the camera again.

This is not a repair. The camera is left with a loose barrel, it can unwind and drop off, but the camera is working . Don't know how to avoid this.

To avoid any further damage the filter should never be screwed in any direction without tightly holding the barrel in place at the same time. I bet this is a common problem with this camera.

Best

Kåre Bondeson

Bob Coulter will be eternally grateful.