Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

My iPhone 7 will not stay on

About a month into having a brand new iPhone 7 i had dropped it an cracked the screen a little. When I'm using it the part where the screen is broken lights up differently. You can tell something is wrong. I went a few months like that and ended up dropping it again. Days went by and my phone would turn off around 40% then 60% and now it won't stay on for more then 10 seconds without being on the charger. It doesn't have the powering off spinning circle when it turns off it goes completely black. I don't know if i should replace the screen or if its something else. I don't wanna spend unnecessary money on the wrong things. please help. Is it the LCD cord detaching or is it my battery??? I'm so clueless. Also if the top left side of phone it looks like its coming up a bit.

another thing is iv only had this phone for 6 months.

I hope you mean LCD Cord...

lol yes idk why i even put LSD I'm such a dummy sometimes

Battery needs replacing and the display is recommended to be replaced as you will need to lift up the screen to get to the battery.

I recommend getting it repaired by apple (Approx $129 USD so it's a no brainer) as the good replacement screens are quite expensive.

would you know how expensive it would be if i took it to apple?

My guess would be around $349 USD.

Last I checked iPhone 7 plus repairs at Apple are $140? Gonna go there in the next couple days. I'll ask. I'm thinking the damaged display is now over drawing the current from the battery

I was basing prices off the original replacement screen price online.

It's probably cheaper from apple store.

Apple website says $129 USD that's good and cheap.

thank you i will take it in today

Most Helpful Answer

It is probably the Screen Assembly. If it is flickering and not functioning properly, that is a strong indicator of LCD Malfunction. However, from the issues you describe, it could also be the battery, or even a combination of the 2.

Maybe the LCD start giving up. You should replace the LCD first, if issue dont go away then check the battery.

sabrina will be eternally grateful.