The Canon EOS 60D is a 18 MP DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) camera with an articulating LCD screen. The camera was released August 2010 and is identified by the EOS 60D printed on the front of the camera.

My camera won't turn on without an SD card in it

So I recently installed Magic Lantern to my Canon 60D. All is well until I encounter a few problems:

- My charged camera's battery won't turn on when I need to use it. Putting the battery on the charging cradle shows that the battery is flat and in need of recharging

- My camera cannot turn on after I remove and reinsert the memory card. Removing and Reinstalling the battery fix this problem

It all happened since I installed the Magic Lantern, so naturally I blame Magic Lantern and uninstall it from my camera. But even after I uninstall it, the problems still persist.

Recently I discovered that my camera won't turn on at all without a memory card inside it. Normally I can still turn it on at it showed "No Memory Card".

Anybody can help me?

Logic dictates cause and affect. But batteries fail and we tend to thing that the last thing we did was the cause. Try a new battery and see if the problems go away.

Okay I suppose I'll try that. But in the mean time, another detail I forgot to mention is the battery will only lose it's charge when it is inside the camera. If I leave it unplugged from the camera, the battery will retain its full charge

Kenneth Putra Salim will be eternally grateful.