Guides for the Wi-Fi version of the iPad Mini 2. Announced October 22nd and released November 12th, 2013. The iPad mini 2, also known as the iPad mini with Retina Display, has all the pixels of the iPad Air in a smaller 7.9" form factor.

My iPad Mini 2 display has lines on it.

iPad Mini 2 Model A1489

My iPad has been dropped multiple times in the past 3 years or so, although none of them has cause any kind of significant damage, until some time ago, my my iPad would suddenly has thin lines on the screen and experience some kind of image persistence. Most of the time, it was fixed when I restarted it, so I hadn't paid any attention to it. I thought it was a software glitch.

Yesterday, while playing games, it did this, but now, even when I restarted it, when I erased all settings, and even tapped on the back mltiple times, the lines didnt go away, although there is no more image persistence.

Everything works well, no lag, no bug, touch works fine, I can still play games or watch videos, the only problem are those lines.

On these pictures, you can see those large white lines and those small pixel like lines.

There isn't in my opinion a straight answer.

First, you need to try a new screen.

Then you need to examine the connector.

Then you need to test voltages at the connectors (digitizer connector and LCD connector), you need to examine a few power rails, and finally you need to press down on the CPU and see if something changes.

My guess is it's the LCD itself, so step 1. But I've seen other instances where a board level failure would cause image distortions.

This guide shows you how to remove the screen. It's a difficult task for the untrained DIYer and it carries a high risk of damaging both the outer glass and the inside LCD, as well as the Touch ID cable (home button cable) when the model has it (Mini 3 and up). If you decide to do it, take it slow and be gentle and patient every step of the way.

jeanzhu will be eternally grateful.