Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

Installed a HDD in optical bay, but then primary SSD wouldn't work...

After trying a few configurations, I currently have my SSD, (which works fine, tested externally and internally) installed in the optical bay and a HDD in the hard drive bay. The HDD works briefly and then disconnects/ejects, I wasn't accessing when it does this.

I have read that running the OS from the optical bay isn't ideal so I want to move it to the hard drive bay, which doesn't seem to want to read it.

Does this sound like I damage the hard drive cable?

Please tell us about the drives. Have you ever replaced the HD/IR cable?

Most likely your HD drive cable is worn out as Mayer pointed out but you could also have a second issue here. I would also review the notes in OWC's product: OWC Data Doubler. It makes no difference who's device you used the issue is within the MacBook its self.

It was the hard drive cable - new one installed and it seems to be working fine.

Had some minor booting issues as both drives had a Recovery partition and it didn't like that. Deleted the partition from the secondary drive and boots as it should.

Thanks Everyone!

yes it is ur cable problem

check it

I ordered a new Hard Drive Cable, will try that. I don't think any of the issues on the OWC site pertain to my system. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post the results.

Also, wanted to comment to anyone adding in a data doubler, watch/be prepared for brittle plastic on the subwoofer. :(

Paul Taylor will be eternally grateful.