7.9 inch display / Model A1432 / Available in black or white / Announced October 23rd, 2012 / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Ipad mini LCD making contact with digitizer after replacing both

After replacing the LCD and Digitizer in an Ipad Mini, the two new parts are making contact, creating the illusion of liquid in the device when the Ipad is sealed up. I am using the same adhesive I have been using on ipad mini's for the past 3 years or so, and I have tried 2 different LCD's. I cannot find anything under the LCD that would be causing it to sit higher than it should, and there is no damage to the frame that would cause the digitizer to sit closer to the LCD. This is the first time in probably hundreds of ipad repairs I've seen this issue on an Ipad mini.

Anyone have any experience with this problem? I'm sure I'm missing something super simple...

What you need to do is add the foam cushion adhesive around the LCD. Some of the after market digiziter and Lcd do not have the proper foam cushion allowing enough room for them to not make contact. This foam gasket go around the outside of the LCD only. This will give you the extra space that you need to stop the two parts from making contact. I am trying to locate where to find these parts for you. (Update, found some overseas that would work) http://m.ebay.com/itm/ADHESIVE-TAPE-DOUB...

Ordered a huge roll a couple years ago and never ran out.

Local hardware store may or may not have this as well.

Awesome! Thank you so much man, I checked the new LCD and this is exactly it! I've never encountered this on an Ipad mini before, I guess the LCD's I've been using have always had the foam pre-applied... I just started going through a new component vendor though, so it makes sense that I'm just seeing this now.

Felix will be eternally grateful.