SAMSUNG Push Pull SHS-P718 do not open from inside (5-10% exits)

Certainly have enjoyed SHS-P718. I do though have an occasional (5-10% exits) issue arise where interior function not allowing one to exit home.

I couldn't determine if some sort of improper closure of door triggers the lock not to function on the next exit activity. When I get home it locks, but will not open from inside anymore.

Either way the solution requires keep trying or re-entering from outside generally with bio/keypad. There does not appear to be an interior override to lock from inside.

Also couldn't find any emergencial way to open from inside.

Batteries are new.

Obliviously, this represents a significant fire hazard that I must resolve.

Hi @carlosam ,

What time delay have you got for the Door Lock Time Setup Function? If it is the default of 1 second try increasing the time by a second or two and see if it makes a difference, you can always go back to the default of 1 second if it doesn't

This image taken from the user guide for the lock states that the deadbolt jam problem can be prevented by adjusting the time delay. I'm wondering if this may be what is happening with your lock.

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing)

Hi @jayeff . It's not delay issue, since it happens many minutes (maybe hours) after I've entered my apartment.

It's like the unlock mechanism is not being triggered. So I have to keep trying pushing in different ways and strengths until it gives any signal of "life". Once or twice I had to force the open with a knife on the door's slit where the dead bolt is.

For some reason, when closing, the door is able to lock (dead bolt) but the system is not activated, so it's not able to trigger the unlocking system.

Hi @carlosam ,

I'm still wondering. If the deadbolt is being jammed so that it is not "fully engaged" as far as the electronics are concerned it doesn't matter how long afterwards it won't work.

Have you tried adjusting the delay time anyway? If it doesn't prove to be the problem you'll know soon enough.

It might be worth trying! I will set a longer delay! Thanks for you support!

Carlos A M will be eternally grateful.